Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rose-breasted Grosbeak - Loves to Pose

I get the feeling he knows he is handsome, and he loves to flaunt it.








He will pose at the feeder...




...or he will pose in a tree



He can look slim or really puff out his chest.



He looks pretty good from the backside too

He has a charming and beautiful wife.







They enjoy eating with family


and friends

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Those are such beautiful photos of the Grosbeak! They are one of my favorites - so cheerful - so pretty - and you're right that they know they are! :)

P.S. Will you be adding a follower's gadget to your blog? I would love to keep updated on your posts and follow you!

Kelly said...

I get the feeling he loves to pose too! You've captured wonderful photos of him. I always love seeing this bird.
I have a couple of cousins who live in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and my friend is from Fort Wayne. It's a lovely town!

Tina said...

I have to say that I would love to look out my window at my feeders and see not only (you lucky girl you) that indigo bunting but also a male rose-breasted gross beak and wife!! What a lovely way to start the day!
He really was posing for you and I love your bird feeder, is that a sunflower holder?
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I love visiting new bloggers blogs!! I have you on my list now and will be stopping back!

The Birdlady said...

Lovely photos of a handsome guy!