Monday, April 23, 2012

Haven't Seen this Handsome Redhead for Quite a While

It was June of 2009 when I last saw a Red Headed Woodpecker. 
It was early this morning that I first saw him enjoying the sunshine.
The sun reflecting on the window made it difficult to get a sharp picture.


But then he flew in closer
to see what was for breakfast.


From the crumbs on his face,
I guess it met with his approval.


He was quite handsome...and bigger than I remembered.


Then was time to take off,
but I did see him back at lunch time.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a thrill to have this handsome fellow back at your suet. Love that red and he is large, isn't he? Thanks for sharing these awesome photos. Have a nice afternoon.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful bird.I hope you get to see him again soon.

Mary said...

Aren't they beautiful woodpeckers? I never have one come to the feeder or my yard, but have been lucky enough to occasionally find one at Hovey Lake or somewhere else....always at such a great distance. Never beautiful shots like these!