Thursday, July 28, 2011

Red and Yellow, Black and White

They are Precious in His Sight,
Jesus loves the Little Children of the World.

Many of the early settlers in the Fort Wayne, IN area
came from Germany.  My mother's ancesters were some of the
original pioneers who located just southeast of our city.
 In more recent years
the US government has sent us many refugees,
and the faces in our community now
reflect many different nationalities.



Last week, our church, Southwest Lutheran,
from Fort Wayne, IN held an
International Vacation Bible School.
Bethlehem Lutheran, an inner city church
provided the place and many helpers.

And this group from Faith Lutheran came
all the way from New York state to provide many
group leaders and helping hands.
I have helped with this VBS for the last few years
taking pictures and just wanted to share
some of the beautiful children and young people.





































15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful, radiant faces! I know each of you received a blessing from this church event. Thank you for sharing. Have a great afternoon!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Indeed they are all precious in HIs sight.What a wonderful privilege to share the love of Jesus with each one of them.

Montanagirl said...

Lovely post! There's nothing like taking candids of kids.

NCmountainwoman said...

What great photographs of those sweet children. Just adorable.

Adrienne Zwart said...

I love VBS!! Your photos are beautiful--all those sweet little faces! This makes me excited for our VBS coming up in a couple of weeks. Our kids don't go back to school til the end of August, so we have our Bible club later than some other places. I usually teach a class, but this year our church is bringing in an evangelistic team to run the program. I'm excited to see what God will do!

Leedra said...

Isn't VBS always wonderful? The children are such a joy to watch. You captured their joy in these photos.

Mary said...

Wonderful! We did Pandamania at our church, too this summer. Those kids look adorable and how nice for all the churches to work together. That's the way the church is suppose to work :-) My family were German Lutherans originally, too...but in northern Ohio.

Kelly said...

Wow! What a beautiful post! The children all look so happy. I bet you worked hard but loved every minute of it. Wonderful portraits...

Karen said...

Very precious, indeed! Loved the pics!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to pass along my new blog url @ http://maplelanehouse.blogspot.com

Have a nice weekend. Mildred

Rose said...

What a great mixture of kids...I bet you had fun with them.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to wish you and yours a blessed Thanksgiving.

Karen said...

Just beautiful! God has brought the whole world to Indiana! Bless you.

Wendy said...

Hi Janice, just popping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas.