Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Something Beautiful Landed in My Path



Yesterday this lovely butterfly
was sitting in my path.

He waited for me to get my camera.


I walked around him many times,
but he didn't move.


I even added a flower for some color.
Later I saw him flying around the yard.

I am thankful he blessed my day!

6 comments:

Shelley said...

What a beauty! He reminds me of the Blue Karner butterfly we have here in MIchigan.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful photos, Janice... Butterflies bring smiles and joy to our faces... That is a pretty one... Was he just being still so that you could get some good photos?????

Love the colors in that butterfly.
Hugs,
Betsy

Wendy said...

Beautiful! He was very comfortable with you :) I love how you added the flower, such a nice picture.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Janice, I found you through Betsy's blog. I love butterflies and you really captured some beautiful pictures. A pleasure to visit with you early this morning!

Kelly said...

...you've capture beautiful butterfly shots here! I especially love the last one. It's always such a surprise to find a beautiful butterfly...

Adrienne Zwart said...

I love red spotted purples. Although I always wish they'd pose on a flower instead of the gravel or mulch. Good thinking to lay a flower down beside him for some color. :)